Obama makes final “fiscal cliff” appeal before Hawaii vacation
President Obama on Friday pressed Congress to at least pass a stopgap measure to prevent taxes from going up on virtually all Americans at the end of the year, looking to break the logjam on deadlocked fiscal negotiations.
Obama made a late afternoon appearance in the White House Briefing Room Friday to assure Americans he was committed to reaching a deal with Republicans despite stalled talks on the so-called fiscal cliff.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 17094Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9372Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9356Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6811Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6759Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6420Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6251Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit