Obama taking steps to extinguish 'light of freedom'
After token mouthings on freedom and on our republic form of government in his inaugural address, Barack Obama showed his true agenda with phrases such as “collective action” and “world without boundaries.
After token mouthings on freedom and on our republic form of government in his inaugural address, Barack Obama showed his true agenda with phrases such as “collective action” and “world without boundaries.” Did I hear him say that we need to “reinvent our government”? Coming full circle, Obama closed by intoning praise for “our precious light of freedom!” Doesn't he know or care that fully half of Americans feel that he's instrumental in taking incremental steps to extinguish our “precious light of freedom”?
NewsOK Related Articles
Carol Joy Bird, Edmond
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 22453Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 12179Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10764Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9050Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8838Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8708Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8233Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister