Obama's Christmas vacation in Hawaii: Day 1
HONOLULU (AP) — How President Barack Obama spent the first day of his Christmas vacation on Saturday in Hawaii:
— LATE ARRIVAL: The Obamas arrived in Honolulu aboard Air Force One just after midnight on Saturday, with Obama pledging before leaving that he would be back to Washington next week to continue work on the so-called fiscal cliff crisis. The family traveled immediately to their vacation home in Kailua, on the east side of Oahu.
— GOLFING: Obama golfed at the Kaneohe Klipper Golf Course at Marine Corps Base Hawaii.
— DINNER: Obama dined with family and friends at Morimoto, celebrity chef Masaharu Morimoto's upscale restaurant in a Waikiki hotel.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 97533Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 13957Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9425Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8660Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 8311OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 7700How to help tornado victims
- 7421Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges