Obama's words in State of the Union don't match his actions
NewsOK Related Articles
Obama has decided that the ticket to a second term will be punched with populism. His grab bag of small things is designed to coalesce a number of small constituencies into a large pool of supporters. It worked for Clinton!
It's worked for a lot of politicians over the years. But it doesn't really work for the country, at least not for long, because it doesn't change the dynamic. Saying he wants an America “built to last” is good rhetoric. Tearing down America with stultifying regulations is bad policy.
We are encouraged that Obama gave a sop to the unity he pledged to bring us four years ago. This was followed by three years of relentless and hyperpartisan class warfare rhetoric.
The real Barack Obama needs to stand up. Is he the Lincoln-quoting Obama we saw Tuesday night or the business-bashing Obama we've seen for the three years of his administration? If you're keeping score, put us down in the second column.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 24367Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 12839Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7010OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5994OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5476Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5061Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3886Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater