Obeying stop signs and lights doesn't lead to carnage
Charles Rouse, Kevin Wiyninger and Jesse Pond (Your Views, May 23, 26 and June 4, respectively) see stop lights and stop signs as encumbrances to their forward motion. This self-serving view of stop signs as nothing but street decorations is an indication of their disregard for the lives and safety of others. Obeying stop signs and red lights doesn't lead to carnage. What does lead to carnage is the running of stop signs and red lights, the refusal to take the inside lane when making right- and left-hand turns and slowing down enough to make a turn without crossing the edge of the designated stop line of the car that has the red light. Bad driving habits cause accidents!
NewsOK Related Articles
William R. "Bill" Melton, Oklahoma City
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 17374Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 16681Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims