OC Ethics Team wins regional championship
An ethics team from Oklahoma Christian University followed up its state championship with a victory at the 15th-annual Texas Regional Ethics Bowl in San Antonio.
Another OC squad placed third in the regional competition, which featured 20 teams from three states and included schools such as Southern Methodist University, the University of Arkansas-Little Rock, Cameron University, Oklahoma City University, the University of Central Oklahoma and the University of Oklahoma.
The regional championship qualifies Oklahoma Christian for the Intercollegiate Ethics Bowl on Feb. 28 in San Antonio.
OC’s first-place team consisted of Christian Asbill, Chas Carter and Austin Hughes. OC’s third-place team members were Hannah Ketring, Brandon McWaters and Genesis Rodriguez.
Students from both OC teams will combine into one squad for February’s competition, which features 32 teams from throughout the United States and Canada.
“These students put in countless hours and worked together to get each other prepared for this tournament,” said sponsor Dr. Jeff Simmons, associate professor of business at Oklahoma Christian. “I am so impressed with their talent and am proud of the way they conducted themselves with grace and humility in their success. We are looking forward to representing OC at the Intercollegiate Ethics Bowl.”
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments