OC welcomes Russian delegation
A delegation of students from Russia recently toured Oklahoma Christian University as part of the Edmond Sister Cities Program.
Oklahoma Christian University president John deSteiguer recently helped welcome seven students and one professor from Engels, Russia, to OC's campus, 2501 E Memorial.
The Russian delegation toured OC as part of the Edmond Sister Cities Program, which Oklahoma Christian helped found. President deSteiguer presented the students with certificates of accomplishment for participating in the educational portion of the Edmond Sister Cities Program. The students presented deSteiguer with Russian chocolate and caviar.
The delegation also went to OC's theater production of “Barefoot in the Park” and visited a biology class taught by Eric Phelps, a music class taught by Kyle Pullen, and an international management class taught by Don Drew.
Drew, OC's associate vice president for academic affairs and dean of graduate schools, was one of eight community leaders who went to Russia as part of Edmond's first delegation to Engels in June.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 20729Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17578Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 11978Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 10703Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 8989Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8551Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 8339Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments