OCPA official: It's time to do something great
NewsOK Related Articles
I would suggest that now is the time. A committed leftist is in the process of fundamentally transforming the country bequeathed to us by our Founding Fathers. “Our nation is at a tipping point,” says Oklahoma House Speaker-elect T.W. Shannon, “and I truly believe Oklahoma can be a light for the rest of the nation to follow.”
He's right, and he intends to develop “a conservative, free-market, limited-government agenda that will create strong, prosperous families and grow our economy.”
New Jersey's no-nonsense Gov. Chris Christie put it well at this summer's GOP national convention: “We need politicians to care more about doing something and less about being something.”
Our experiment in ordered liberty is at stake. It won't do for Oklahoma's political leaders to “play it safe by adjusting the rudder slightly to the right and enjoy the ride until you term out of office,” as my colleague Michael Carnuccio put it.
“We live in a day and age when we need leadership — the kind that is strong, bold and transformational.”
Dutcher is vice president for policy at the Oklahoma Council of Public Affairs, a free-market think tank.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort