OCS escapes Casady comeback bid
EDMOND — Casady missed an 18-yard field goal attempt as time expired, and Oklahoma Christian held on to win a back-and-forth 34-31 football thriller Friday night.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all 31 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
With the clock running down in the fourth quarter, Casady quarterback Mac Katigan moved the Cyclones 83 yards. The senior had a highlight-reel play. On third-and-20 at the Oklahoma Christian 33, Katigan scrambled 25 yards to the Saints' 8-yard line.
Sophomore Sam Smith was wide on the field goal attempt, and Casady fell to 0-3.
Oklahoma Christian improved to 1-1.
Casady opened the game's scoring with 9:18 left in the first quarter on Katigan's 12-yard pass to Connor McMurrain.
OCS responded just over a minute later, connecting on a 75-yard bomb from Austin Brooks to Garrett Kilborn. The Saints pushed their lead to 14-7 on Logan Magil's 10-yard pass from Brooks and the extra point.
Casady fought back and scored two straight touchdowns en route to a 21-14 halftime lead, but OCS drew within 21-20 when Christan Aduddell caught a 2-yard pass from Kilborn. The extra point attempt drifted wide.
After Casady took a 24-20 lead with 9:13 remaining in the third quarter, Oklahoma Christian battled back.
The Saints added two rushing touchdowns for a 34-24 lead. Casady struggled with penalties and turnovers late in the game but managed to draw within a field goal with a 1-yard touchdown run by Blake Gunn.
Although OCS finished with just 60 rushing yards on 30 attempts. They passed for 251 yards.
“Our kids… they challenged themselves,” OCS coach Derek Turner said. “They came back, and they really performed.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 13316Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11704Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5428Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5363Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4511OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4209Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3958How to help tornado victims