OCU film series presents 'Treeless Mountain'
The theme of this year’s film series is “Escape From Freedom,” borrowed from the title of a book by social theorist Erich Fromm. The book describes Fromm’s theories of humanity’s views on freedom and what the world is like without it. The book will be available for purchase at all film screenings in the series.
For more information about the series, call 208-5472 or visit www.okcu.edu/film-lit/.
Other films and dates in the Oklahoma City University Film Institute series are:
* Jean-Pierre and Luc Dardenne’s “The Kid with a Bike,” Feb. 24
* Bruce Beresford’s “Breaker Morant,” March 1
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 36331Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15449Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9864Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9824Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9353Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7992Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7895Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister