OGE Energy, CenterPoint Energy to combine pipeline assets for master limited partnership
Oklahoma City's OGE Energy Corp. will combine its Enogex LLC pipeline business with CenterPoint Energy's pipelines in a new partnership. Also involved will be ArcLight Capital Partners LLC, which owns 20 percent of Enogex. The new partnership is expected to file for an initial public offering.
“We are very excited about creating a substantial, growth-oriented midstream company,” David McClanahan, president and CEO of CenterPoint Energy, said in a statement. “This new company will be a significant participant in the rapidly growing midstream market. With enhanced scale, broader geographic reach and expanded capabilities, the partnership will be able to compete in ways that neither we nor Enogex could do as separate companies.”
The new partnership plans to arrange a $1.4 billion credit agreement and a $1.05 billion term loan.
OGE is the parent company of Enogex and Oklahoma Gas and Electric Co.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 15772Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12083Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10914OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9909Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9575Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8649Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 8648Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated