Ohio routs Norfolk State 44-10 on Vick's 4 TDs
ATHENS, Ohio (AP) — Derrius Vick, making his first start at quarterback for Ohio, passed for four touchdowns in leading the Bobcats to a 44-10 rout against Norfolk State Saturday in nonconference play.
Ohio, now 4-0 for the first time since 1976, jumped all over Norfolk State (2-2) with a 24-0 first quarter. Vick, starting in place of injured Tyler Tettleton, threw two touchdown passes in the first quarter. He hit Donte Foster on a 10-yarder to open the scoring, then found running back Beau Blankenship on a 24-yard touchdown. Blankenship later scored on a 2-yard run to make it 24-0.
Vick, who finished 14 of 20 for 199 yards and no interceptions, threw a 31-yard touchdown pass to Jordan Thompson in the third quarter. Vick's second scoring pass to Foster, a 13-yarder, upped the lead to 41-0.
Norfolk State finally scored in the fourth quarter on Randy Maynes' 7-yard run.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 36331Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15449Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9864Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9824Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9353Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7992Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7895Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister