Ohio teens released in Twitter threat case

Published on NewsOK Modified: March 27, 2013 at 4:45 pm •  Published: March 27, 2013
Advertisement
;

STEUBENVILLE, Ohio (AP) — Two Ohio teens accused of making online threats against a rape victim have denied the charges and been released on house arrest.

The two 16-year-old Jefferson County girls had been held in juvenile detention in Steubenville since their arrest last week.

The girls entered the juvenile court equivalent of a not guilty plea Wednesday before Juvenile Judge Sam Kerr. Their attorneys had no comment.

Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine says the girls posted threatening comments on Twitter on March 17, the day two high school football players were convicted of raping a 16-year-old West Virginia girl last summer. The case roiled the town of Steubenville and stirred widespread reaction online.

DeWine's office says the tweets threatened homicide and bodily harm against the rape victim.


Advertisement


Trending Now



AROUND THE WEB

  1. 1
    Check out the Thunder postseason playlist
  2. 2
    VIDEO: Blake Griffin dumps water on a fan
  3. 3
    Oklahoma City Thunder: Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes calls drug suspension unfair
  4. 4
    Dave Chappelle Reveals Shockingly Buff New Look
  5. 5
    Peaches Geldof Funeral to Be Held on Easter Monday
+ show more