Oil ends lower, below $86 a barrel
Oil prices fell below $86 a barrel Thursday as investors focused on global economic issues, including the so-called "fiscal cliff" in the U.S.
On the New York Mercantile Exchange:
Benchmark crude fell 87 cents to finish at $85.45 per barrel.
Gasoline rose 1.72 cents to end at $2.6962 a gallon.
Heating oil fell 1.47 cents to finish at $2.9735 a gallon.
Natural gas fell 5.7 cents to end at $3.7030 per 1,000 cubic feet.
On the ICE Futures exchange in London:
Brent crude fell 47 cents to finish the day at $108.01 per barrel.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 66578Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 31563Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 30900Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 17837Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 7407Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6371Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4655Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond