H: ° L: °,
Oil falls on economic worries
Oil prices had risen earlier in the day following Israel's attack on Islamic militants in Gaza. However, analysts downplayed the risk that the fighting poses to energy supplies.
In other energy futures trading on the New York Mercantile Exchange:
— Heating oil fell 1.47 cents to finish at $2.9735 per gallon.
— Wholesale gasoline rose 1.72 cents to end at $2.6962 per gallon.
— Natural gas fell 5.7 cents to finish at $3.7030 per 1,000 cubic feet. The EIA said gas supplies fell last week more than analysts expected, in the first weekly decline this year. Inventory levels are still 1.8 percent above where they were a year ago.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort