Oil rises above $96; US pump prices avg. $3.31
Brent crude, used to price international varieties of oil, was up 71 cents to $112.42 per barrel on the ICE Futures exchange in London.
In other energy futures trading in New York:
— Natural gas fell about 1 cent to $3.55 per 1,000 cubic feet.
— Wholesale gasoline advanced 3 cents to $2.83 per gallon.
— Heating oil rose 2 cents to $3.07 a gallon.
Pamela Sampson in Bangkok and Pablo Gorondi in Budapest contributed to this report.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 30612Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15589Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10266Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9653Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9634Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8172Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8167Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena