Oil under $96 a barrel on US industrial data
"The annual switchover from winter to summer grade product by the refineries at this time of the year always represents a balancing act with the availability of cheaper-to-produce winter grade supply often times being reduced too much in order to make room for summer grade product," said independent analyst Jim Ritterbusch.
In other energy futures trading on the Nymex:
— Heating oil fell 1 cent to finish at $3.21 a gallon.
— Wholesale gasoline rose 2 cents to end at $3.13 a gallon.
— Natural gas fell 1 cent to finish at $3.15 per 1,000 cubic feet.
Pamela Sampson in Bangkok, Pablo Gorondi in Budapest ND Martin Crutsinger in Washington contributed to this report.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in