OKC Barons beat Texas Stars in shootout
Oklahoma City's Josh Green and Mark Arcobello scored in the shootout while goalie Niko Hovinen stopped all four Texas shooters to give the Barons a 5-4 American Hockey League win over the Stars on Saturday night in Cedar Park, Texas.
Jonathan Cheechoo scored a pair of goals in regulation, and Martin Marincin and Colten Teubert also scored for OKC (26-20-2-5, 59 points). Cheechoo added an assist, and Arcobello had two helpers.
Matt Fraser scored twice for the Stars (33-15-4-5, 75 points), who are first in the South Division.
The Barons return to the ice at 4 p.m. Sunday at Charlotte.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister