H: ° L: °,
OKC Barons' new lineup is productive
After losing 7-0 to Charlotte Friday night, Barons coach Todd Nelson changed his lines. Even though the Barons failed to close out a win, losing 4-3 in overtime Saturday night, the changes sparked the offense.
Nelson put Philippe Cornet on a line with Mark Arcobello and team captain Josh Green. That line produced two goals. Arcobello scored his 10th of the season, Cornet his first. Nelson put Toni Rajala with Magnus Paajarvi and Anton Lander. Rajala scored his second goal of the season.
The Barons outshot the Checkers 35-19, including 35-15 in regulation.
“We got contributions from three different people, and we had several other good opportunities,” Nelson said. “As a whole, as a team, we competed tonight. That was the big thing.”
MORE LEVEL PLAYING FIELD
Unlike Friday's game, when the Checkers had five of their top seven scorers, Charlotte played without leading scorer Zach Boychuk (32 points) and 14-goal scorer Drayson Bowman, who reported to Carolina for training camp with the NHL's Hurricanes.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister