OKC council races headed to runoff
With almost all precincts reporting, both races for Oklahoma City Council appear to be headed to a runoff election.
With 25 of 27 precincts reporting, challenger James Greiner is leading incumbent Gary Marrs 965-945 in the race for Ward 1. Challenger Carolyn S. Sims has garnered only 560 votes.
NewsOK Related Articles
In the seven-way Ward 7 race, Ronald “Skip” Kelly, the incumbent, maintains the lead but with only 31 percent of the vote.
Kelly has 945 votes with 43 of 51 precincts reporting. Following in 2nd place is John A. Pettis Jr, who has 776 votes.
A runoff is scheduled for April 2.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister