OKC metro-area briefs for Feb. 6, 2013
Metro news briefs for Feb. 6
Deer Creek names new superintendent
The Deer Creek School Board named Ranet Tippens as the new school district superintendent during a board meeting Monday. Tippens has served the past six years as the superintendent of El Reno Public Schools and has worked in education for 35 years, according to a news release. Tippens also served as a principal and assistant principal in El Reno. She will replace Interim Superintendent Bill White, who filled the position in October after the resignation of former Superintendent Sean McDaniel, who took the same job in Mustang. Tippens will take over the role starting March 3, according to the news release.
Tutor training will be Saturday
Community Literacy Centers is holding its next tutor training program from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at 5131 N Classen Circle, Suite 204. Tutor training will include an orientation and introduction into literacy work with adults. For more information on the classes, call Becky O'Dell at 524-7323 or register at www.communityliteracy.com.
FROM STAFF REPORTS
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort