OKC police make arrest in robbery of mother, three kids
Juan Balderas, 18, was arrested in connection with a home invasion after a victim recognized him from a Facebook page.
A mother and her three young children were tied up with belts and shoelaces and robbed at gunpoint of cash and property, including a 2005 Hummer, police said.
The woman told Oklahoma City police two Hispanic men and a white man broke into her apartment June 7 and demanded money before taking televisions, laptops, video games and other property, according to a probable cause affidavit.
The woman and her children were bound with belts and shoelaces and then placed in a bathroom, police said. The assailants left the apartment and took the woman's Hummer, the affidavit states.
According to the affidavit, the victim said she was set up by a female who entered the apartment before the three men.
Video surveillance from the apartment complex shows the female leaving with the men.
One of the suspected assailants, Juan Balderas, 18, was arrested June 12 on complaints of robbery with a firearm, burglary and kidnapping. He is being held in the Oklahoma County jail on $234,000 bail, records show.
Balderas was arrested after the victim identified him from a photo she saw on the Facebook page of the female assailant, police reported.
A caption with the photo stated that Balderas was the woman's brother, police said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 13976Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9656Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9589Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 8454Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6577Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6030Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 5383Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister