OKC police search for second car in fatal hit-and-run accident
Oklahoma City police are searching for a second vehicle in connection with a fatal hit-and-run accident early Feb. 6.
Oklahoma City police are searching for a second vehicle in connection with a fatal hit-and-run accident.
Master Sgt. Gary Knight said police want to question the person driving the vehicle behind the one that struck and killed Joseph Edward Helmka, who was riding his bicycle in dense fog about 3 a.m. Feb. 6.
They have released video of the two cars at the scene.
Knight said the vehicle appears to be a light-colored sports car.
Helmka, 58, was struck in the southbound lanes of N MacArthur Boulevard near NW 10. He died at the hospital.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in