OKC RedHawks: Brett Wallace promoted to Houston, Hawks drilled by Omaha
Wallace will replace third baseman Chris Johnson on the Astros’ roster. Johnson was traded Sunday to the Arizona Diamondbacks.
The Oklahoma City RedHawks took a couple of big blows Sunday in Pacific Coast League baseball at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark.
They were thumped by the Omaha Storm Chasers 11-1 before 4,484 fans — and that came after star infielder Brett Wallace was promoted by the Houston Astros, perhaps for the remainder of the season.
Oklahoma City (62-46) had its five-game win streak against Omaha snapped as the Storm Chasers exploded for all of their runs over the third, fourth and fifth innings. Omaha (64-45) plastered...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 20967Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17573Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12128Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9661Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 9194Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8604Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8594Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense