OKC sober school reforms drug-addicted teens
For more information
Oklahoma Outreach Sober School
7101 N Classen Blvd.
Oklahoma City, OK 73116
Oklahoma Outreach Foundation
1700 W Britton Road
Oklahoma City, OK 73120
Association of Recovery Schools
Though the average student is 17 years old, Barker said she’s worked with some as young as 14 and others that started their drug addictions as early as third grade.“It’s that void in their life that they’re trying to fill for whatever reason,” she said. “We want to get them through this hurdle and get them in that new environment, where they don’t have to turn to drugs and alcohol.”
During her three months with the program, Kayla said, her transition back to a drug-free life has been made easier by the supportive and stable environment at the outreach school.
“I get my schoolwork done easier and with less stress, without having to worry about people under-the-influence around me,” Kayla said. “I definitely think this is going to give me a good foundation to go off of, once I get out of school.”
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14804OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10332Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6926Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6240Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6240Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5695Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4108Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?