The Oklahoma City Thunder's TV ratings records continue to fall. TNT's Game 5 telecast Monday night received a 34.1 rating (percent of TV households) in the Oklahoma City market to shatter the record from Game 2 (30.3). The 28.3 average for the five-game series also broke the series mark of 23.9 from last year's Western Conference Finals against Dallas on ESPN. Despite 9:30 p.m. starts on Friday and Saturday in Los Angeles, the Thunder also had solid ratings for Game 3 (26.7) and Game 4 (23.4), with more than one-quarter of the TV homes in the market watching the games past midnight.
Game 5 also was a hit nationally. It averaged a 5.3 rating and 8.2 million viewers to become TNT's highest-rated and second most-viewed second-round game ever. It also ranks as the highest-rated and most-viewed 2012 playoff game on any network.
Sports events May 15-21
1. L.A. Lakers at Oklahoma City, NBA playoffs, Monday, TNT, 34.1.
2. L.A. Lakers at Oklahoma City, NBA playoffs, Wednesday, TNT, 30.3.
3. Oklahoma City at L.A. Lakers, NBA playoffs, Friday, ESPN, 26.7.
4. Oklahoma City at L.A. Lakers, NBA playoffs, Saturday, TNT, 23.4.
5. Miami at Indiana, NBA playoffs, Sunday, KOCO-5, 9.0.