OKC Thunder-Heat game breaks team TV ratings record
Sunday's Heat-Thunder game received a combined 14.9 rating on ESPN and FSOK. The previous record had been 14.5 for TNT's telecast of the Thunder-Lakers game Feb. 23.
The Heat-Thunder game Sunday night set the team regular-season ratings record with a combined 14.9 rating on ESPN and Fox Sports Oklahoma — 8.0 on ESPN and 6.9 on FSOK. The game's final quarter-hour received a huge 22.5 rating — 12.3 on ESPN and 9.2 on FSOK.
Videoview all videos
Mar 26Darnell Mayberry and John Rohde explain how OKC was able...
Mar 26Kendrick Perkins scored a season-high 16 pts, as OKC...
Photoview all 55 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
The team regular-season record had been 14.5 for TNT's exclusive telecast of the Thunder-Lakers game Feb. 23 in Los Angeles.
The game also scored well nationally with a 2.4 overnight rating on ESPN, which tied the Jan. 11 Heat-Clippers telecast as the highest-rated NBA game this season on the network.
Last week, FSOK set a network record for a regular-season Thunder telecast with a 9.8 for the Clippers game Wednesday night at Cheasapeake Arena. The record had been 8.8 for the Jan. 30 Clippers game at Los Angeles.
For the season, Thunder games are averaging a 6.2 rating on FSOK, a 138 percent improvement over last season.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 12097Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11309Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6870Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 6485Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4833Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4317OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3653Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law