OKC Thunder: Kendrick Perkins a game-time decision for Game 1 vs. Lakers
OKLAHOMA CITY THUNDER -- Thunder coach Scott Brooks said center Kendrick Perkins will be a game-time decision Monday night vs. the Los Angeles Lakers. Perkins has been listed as day-to-day with a strained hip since May 5.
Thunder center Kendrick Perkins will be a game-time decision for Game 1 of tonight's semifinals series with the Los Angeles Lakers, coach Scott Brooks announced following the team's shootaround Monday afternoon.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Brooks said Perkins went through the majority of the session, and although all signs point to Perkins playing Brooks said his starting center's availability will be based on how his body responds before the game.
“We'll see how he feels when he gets back to the arena tonight,” Brooks said. “It's a game-time decision. He looked pretty good today, but we'll just see how he feels when he comes back tonight.”
Perkins sustained a right hip muscle strain in the Thunder's closeout game against Dallas on May 5. He had been listed as day-to-day since Oklahoma City completed its sweep of the defending champion Mavericks.
Perkins was not made available to the media Monday and has yet to speak about his condition with reporters. He's been seen at the end of practice the past few days shooting free throws and jumpers, and he appears to be walking without a limp.
Teammates have said he looks good.
“He looked athletic, finally,” guard James Harden said after Perkins practiced Sunday. “Nah, he's very healthy and he's ready to go.”
Forward Nick Collison said the same.
“I'm sure if (the injury) never would have happened, he'd feel better than he does right now,” Collison said. “But I think he'll be able to go.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 23122Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10571Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6943OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5977OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5278Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5014Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3834Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater