OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant says LeBron James deserves the MVP Award
THUNDER NOTEBOOK — Kevin Durant also said it doesn't matter which team OKC draws as its first-round matchup in the playoffs.
LOS ANGELES — LeBron James' closest competitor for the 2012 NBA Most Valuable Player award says the Miami Heat star deserves to win it.
Videoview all videos
Apr 23How long should the Lakers star have to sit on the...
Apr 23James Harden is facing rigorous evaluation and his return...
Photoview all 8 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
“He deserves all the love (for MVP),” said Thunder forward Kevin Durant. “He's playing phenomenal basketball. I'm just trying to get better every single game and trying to help my team as much as I can. I'm just blessed to be in that conversation.”
In his fifth season, Durant has strung together his best year, averaging 27.9 points, eight rebounds and 3.5 assists while shooting 49.7 percent from the field. But, thanks to James, it might not be enough.
James is averaging 27.1 points, 7.9 rebounds and 6.2 assists while shooting 53.1 percent. James also is a candidate for Defensive Player of the Year and has carried the Heat throughout stretches of the season without Dwyane Wade.
Durant said Sunday that it doesn't matter which team the Thunder draws as its first-round matchup in the playoffs.
If OKC finishes as the 2 seed as expected, the Thunder would play either Dallas or Denver. In the unlikely event that the Thunder lands in the top spot in the West, its most likely opponents are Utah or Phoenix.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 13258OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 7144Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7131Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6694Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6025Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5256Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5146Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers