OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant's triple-double keys Thunder win over Hornets
Videoview all videos
Feb 28Kevin Durant posted a triple-double in under 27 minutes...
Photoview all 34 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Westbrook keyed a first-half offensive eruption, knifing his way into the teeth of the Hornets’ defense for acrobatic layups and pull-up jump shots. He scored 18 of his points in the opening period, making five of eight shots to power the Thunder to a 30-21 lead.
Durant, meanwhile, had as many assists (four) as shot attempts late in the first half, as he deferred time and again to allow teammates to get open shots.
Durant’s final assist was part of a 25-7 run the Thunder used to start the third period and turn a 17-point halftime lead into a 33-point game with 5:08 remaining in the period.
“KD has the potential to get a triple-double many nights,” Brooks said. “He handles the ball a lot, he plays a lot of minutes and he demands a lot of attention. So a lot of guys are going to be open because he has to be guarded by sometimes more than one (defender). But he’s a good playmaker. He’s really improved in that area all season, but I like it when he’s well-rounded.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 20967Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17573Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12128Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9661Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 9194Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8604Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8594Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense