OKC Thunder: Lil Wayne says he felt unwelcome, even after players offered to help get tickets
Thunder representatives said the rap star insisted on front row seats. But all of those seats were sold.
“@LilTunechi this ain't LA bro. Everyone buys a ticket in the Real OC!” Welker tweeted.
Kevin Durant's brother, Tony, was more sympathetic.
He first retweeted Lil Wayne, adding, “that crazy.”
“Only in OKC where Lil Wayne can't get a ticket but I bet Tobe Keith could get in with this whole band terrible smh (shaking my head) hahahahaha,” Tony Durant tweeted shortly afterward.
Lil Wayne told The Associated Press that Kevin Durant and James Harden had reached out to offer him tickets for Saturday's game.
Harden is reportedly dating rapper Trina, who briefly dated Lil Wayne, leading to rumors it was Harden who kept Lil Wayne away from the arena.
But Harden reached out personally to Lil Wayne and tweeted an invitation, saying, “@LilTunechi Come to the Next game. We got seats for u 5! Whooppp!”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 82322Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14350Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8268Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7560Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7513How to help tornado victims
- 6279Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 5999Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community