OKC Thunder: Metta World Peace gets his share of boos from Thunder crowd
World Peace was booed every time he touched the ball, shot the ball, passed the ball, rebounded the ball, etc.
The first chorus of boos came with 14:23 left on the pregame clock when the Los Angeles Lakers jogged onto the court at Chesapeake Energy Arena before Game 1 against the Thunder.
Videoview all videos
May 15Watch the reception given to Metta World Peace by Thunder...
May 15Russell Westbrook scored a game-high 27 points and OKC...
May 15Darnell Mayberry and Jenni Carlson explain how OKC was...
Photoview all 57 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
During pre-game introductions, the boos got personal and never left the intended target of Lakers forward Metta World Peace the rest of the night.
As expected, World Peace got an earful Monday night from a sellout crowd of 18,203 at The Peake.
The treatment stems from a vicious elbow World Peace planted on the left side of James Harden's face on April 22 at Staples Center.
Harden missed the final two regular-season games with a concussion. World Peace was suspended for seven games.
World Peace was booed every time he touched the ball, shot the ball, passed the ball, rebounded the ball, dribbled the ball, left the game, re-entered the game and especially when he fouled.
The longer the game went, the less World Peace's presence mattered as the Thunder embarrassed the Lakers with a 119-90 rout.
Cheers for the home team were far more prominent than boos for World Peace, who finished with 12 points, two rebounds, two assists, one steal and two fouls.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 37007Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32519Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 27986Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 8311Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6200OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3643College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3643Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?