OKC Thunder: No update on center Kendrick Perkins
Thunder coach Scott Brooks said Wednesday that center Kendrick Perkins remains day-to-day with a strained right hip muscle. Perkins did not practice with the team Tuesday and there still is no timetable for his return.
Videoview all videos
May 9OKC players and coaches deal with still not knowing who...
May 8The Thunder returned to practice on Tuesday, but OKC does...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
“He's here getting treatment, working with our staff,” Brooks said. “There's really no updates other than he's here getting treatments and we'll see how he feels (Thursday) and then the next day after that.”
GAME 1 POSSIBILITIES
If the Los Angeles Lakers close out their series with Denver on Thursday night, Game 1 between the Thunder and Lakers will be played Saturday inside Chesapeake Energy Arena at 8:30 p.m. on TNT, the NBA announced Wednesday.
If the Lakers and Nuggets go to a seventh game, they will play Saturday in Los Angeles and push the Thunder's opening game of the second round back. The NBA has yet to announce when Game 1 between either the Nuggets or Lakers would be played, but it likely will be Monday night.
BACK AT PRACTICE
While the Thunder awaits the conclusion of the Lakers-Nuggets series, the team is enjoying its lengthiest hiatus of the season.
But practice sessions on Tuesday and Wednesday were designed to keep players sharp and prevent rust from setting in. Both practices involved scrimmaging, Brooks said, with Wednesday's practice including three games of 5-on-5 for eight-minute quarters.
“It was a great day,” Brooks said. “The guys really competed and they were spent after practice. That's what we wanted. We wanted (Wednesday) to be a very tough, physical practice and it was.”
Brooks said Thursday will be a recovery day.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments