OKC Thunder not concerned with top seed ... yet
NewsOK Related Articles
Reserve guard Eric Maynor has taken another step in his recovery from a torn ACL. Maynor recently shed the bulky knee brace that he's had to play with since being cleared to resume full-contact activities.
Maynor said losing the heavy contraption has made him feel as good as he has felt since suffering the injury in January 2012. In the two games prior to Tuesday's against the Jazz, Maynor certainly has looked more mobile, scoring 11 points on 5-for-7 shooting with four assists.
“I just think he's been moving much better as the season has progressed,” said Thunder coach Scott Brooks. “Like any player that has had a major injury, it takes time. … I think as the season has gone along he's feeling much more confident. … He's been terrific the last four or five games when I've put him in.”
Jeremy Lamb remains on the inactive list while recovering from a low back strain. The rookie guard was selected to play in the D-League All-Star Game at All-Star Weekend in Houston this weekend. But the injury has put his participation in question. … Kendrick Perkins was called for a technical foul and a flagrant foul within a 1 1/2-minute span in the second quarter. He was whistled for a technical for jawing with Jazz guard Earl Watson, and he then received a flagrant 1 foul for inadvertently elbowing Jazz center Al Jefferson in the head. … The Thunder had four turnovers in the first four minutes Tuesday and 14 at halftime.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 89652Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 73465Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 36350Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters
- 35145Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 14325Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 13653Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 11646Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive