OKC Thunder notebook: Perry Jones III leaves summer league game with injury
Thunder first-round pick Perry Jones III had to leave the team's summer league game on Tuesday after sustaining a sprained left ankle.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
It's unclear whether Jones will be available for the final three games in Orlando. A team spokesman said Jones will be re-evaluated Wednesday morning.
“I don't know exactly what happened,” Jones said. “All I know is my ankle start hurting and I went straight to the ground. Other than that, hopefully it was a good possession.”
Jones exited the game with 5:34 remaining and the score tied at 61-all. Another player appeared to have fallen on Jones' leg as players scrambled to corral a loose ball on an Oklahoma City defensive possession. Jones immediately went to the end of the bench after being removed from the game, and he remained there until the final buzzer after getting his ankle wrapped in ice. After limping off the court under his own power alongside his teammates after the game, Jones said the pain in his ankle wasn't too bad.
“It's all right,” Jones said. “We'll see how it is (Wednesday). If it feels good, I'll be able to play. If not, then I won't be able to play, I guess.”
After scoring 16 points with eight rebounds in his debut Monday, Jones scored eight points with four rebounds and three blocked shots in 23 minutes against Indiana on Tuesday.
The Thunder suffered a 78-74 defeat, falling to 0-2 in its five-game summer league schedule.
LATAVIOUS WILLIAMS SHOWS PROMISE
After sitting out Day 1 while waiting to be cleared to play, forward Latavious Williams scored 10 points with nine rebounds against the Pacers on Tuesday.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 13316Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11704Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5428Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5363Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4511OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4209Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3958How to help tornado victims