Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Thunder officials are expected to unveil team uniforms next Monday at Media Day. Insiders say the road uniforms will be sky blue, the color of the state flag. Home uniforms will be white. If Thunder is inscribed on home, white uniforms and road "Oklahoma City” uniforms are dark sky blue, like the state flag, the team logo becomes a minor topic. The uniforms Kevin Durant, Jeff Green, Nick Collison and their teammates wear on ESPN highlights are what the nation will see most, not the logo. •Good guys: Having hosted pre-game, halftime and post-game shows with the Sonics, TV play-by-play announcer Brian Davis knows the roster. He also broadcast several Washington State games, which is why he predicts Kyle Weaver, a second-round draft pick the Thunder acquired in a trade, could carve out a role off the bench. "People ask all the time, ‘What are these guys like?' ” Davis said. "Some would consider them boring. The guys on this team aren't night crawlers. They'd rather go to the hotel, order room service, play video games or find new music for their iPods. They're good guys with strong character.”
OKC Thunder notebook
Uniform unveiling coming soonFor all the consternation over the Thunder logo, team uniforms are what fans will see on TV broadcasts 82 times this season. That's what sellout crowds will see 41 times inside the Ford Center.
NewsOK Related Articles
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 90847Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 9606Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad