OKC Thunder: Players respond to Bricktown violence, Thunder Alley support
Players would be disappointed to see Thunder Alley closed. Kevin Durant said: “Anytime violence is involved it's unfortunate. But the only thing I can do is pray for the victims and hopefully everything gets resolved.”
Kevin Durant on Wednesday shared his feelings on the violence that overshadowed Monday night's Game 5 victory over the Los Angeles Lakers.
Videoview all videos
May 24A judge set bail at $160,000 for Avery Myers, a teen...
May 23Kevin Durant and the Thunder face a steep challenge in...
May 23A judge has ordered the released of one of the man...
Photoview all 8 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
“Anytime violence is involved it's unfortunate,” Durant said of the shooting that left eight people wounded. “But the only thing I can do is pray for the victims and hopefully everything gets resolved.”
Russell Westbrook was finishing postgame interviews when word spread of the shooting but said just before the announcement was made that the Thunder Alley watch party would end that he'd be disappointed to see it go.
“It's crazy how many people were outside and how many people come and support,” Westbrook said. “So I think they'll be a little disappointed. So hopefully they don't cut it off.”
Forward Serge Ibaka said he was amazed at the size of the crowd outside when he saw live footage of the gathering flash on the Jumbotron during the game.
“I appreciate the fans and their support because it's something amazing. I've never seen it in my life,” Ibaka said. “When we were playing in the arena, I saw the big crowd on the (Jumbotron). I said, ‘Wow.' That was crazy amazing. I appreciate them and we need them for the next couple of games. I know they will be there. So I want to say thank you so much.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 81018Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 30448Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 30137Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 25654Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8097Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7386Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 7344Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday