OKC Thunder Q&A: Kendrick Perkins says 'I'm fine, but I ain't fine'
The Thunder big man discusses his injury, dealing with Andrew Bynum and playing at the Staples Center.
LOS ANGELES — There aren't enough hours in a day for Kendrick Perkins to get healthy enough to play the Los Angeles Lakers.
Perkins suffered a right hip muscle strain in Game 4 against the Dallas Mavericks and had eight off days to recover for the second-round series against the Lakers. In Game 1 against the Lakers, Perkins re-aggravated the injury. In Game 2, he started and played 31 minutes, 45 seconds.
Games 3 and 4 will be on back-to-back nights Friday and Saturday, making it even more difficult for Perkins, who spoke after Friday morning's shootaround.
How long have these days been for you, just trying to get ready to play?
"Not long enough. I'm out there just trying to do what I can, give my body up for the team, trying to make a difference any way I can out there on the court. It's the playoffs. I don't think nobody is 100 percent, so if you're out there, you've just got to go out there and do what you can. "
What percent are you?
"I don't know. I know I ain't 100. I ain't close to 80, but I don't like to make excuses. I'm out there. I have to do something."
But you're healthier now than you were with two injured knees last season, right?
"Absolutely, but the groin area kind of limits you from moving in certain ways."
Between playing for the Celtics and the Thunder, you've won a lot of game at Staples Center.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 57337Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14801Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9259Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7518Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6644Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6577Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6568How to help tornado victims