OKC Thunder: Q&A with Lakers assistant coach Quin Snyder
Videoview all videos
May 17Kelly Crull, Grant Long and Matt Pinto take look at the...
May 17The Thunder's defense in the last two minutes of the game...
Photoview all 84 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
"Once a player respects you and your knowledge of the game, then they're very open to being coached – and that's why they are where they are."
Presumably you want to be a head coach again, right?
"Any assistant anywhere would like an opportunity to be a head coach. If I do my job well, I figure whatever happens from there, happens. I'm not in a big hurry. It's not a goal in my mind all the time."
Are you a better coach now than at Missouri?
"Definitely I got better, but I think our record at Missouri speaks for itself. We had a lot of good years and won a lot of games, but those darn Sooners got us."
Have you crossed paths much with former OU coach Kelvin Sampson, now an assistant with the Houston Rockets?
"Yeah, I do. We've shared some things in many respects, mainly just coming from college to the NBA game. We probably like each other more now than back then. He and I got to be pretty close, even while we were in college. He was someone I learned a lot from. He was always very good to me … except during the games."
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister