OKC Thunder: Q&A with Thunder center Nazr Mohammed
The reserve big man replaced injured Kendrick Perkins in the first quarter. He had four points and two rebounds to help OKC finish off Mavs in the first round.
Thunder veteran Nazr Mohammed was called into emergency duty when an injury sidelined Kendrick Perkins on Saturday night in Dallas. Mohammed scored four points, grabbed two rebounds and most importantly helped to fill in Perk's minutes.
Videoview all videos
May 6Darnell Mayberry and Jenni Carlson explain how OKC was...
May 6James Harden scored 15 of his 29 points in the 4th...
Photoview all 32 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
With Perk sidelined, you had to come in and play some significant minutes. Is there pressure there?
“That's your job. Try to stay ready and be ready to go out there and do what you can do when your number's called.”
How much of a challenge is it, though, to change on the fly and have a rotation you're not used to?
“It's difficult, but it's the playoffs. It happens. You've got a split second to kind of adjust yourself and change your mentality.”
You have to count this as one of those big-time team victories, don't you?
“Oh, it's definitely a team win, but it's also an unbelievable individual performance on defense by Russ and on offense by James. Taking the contact. Finishing at the rim. Making the right plays. He was just playing some unbelievably good basketball.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 88132Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 35601Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction