OKC Thunder reclaims Orton from Tulsa 66ers
The Tulsa 66ers named nine players to their training camp roster Wednesday and shortly thereafter the Thunder reclaimed center Daniel Orton.
The Thunder now has a 14-man roster and likely will not fill its one available spot to remain under the NBA's tax level.
Videoview all videos
Oct 31The Thunder big man is healthy and ready for the season.
Oct 31KD talks about things learned from last year's NBA Finals...
Oct 29Jeremy Lamb and Kevin Martin talk about their new home...
Photoview all photos
The 66ers acquired Thunder training camp invitees Orton, guard Andy Rautins and forward Hollis Thompson. They had 66ers returnees in center Brian Barkdoll, forward Will Creekmore and guards Brady Morningstar and Garrett Williamson and also extended training camp invitations to forward Mario Little and guard James Justice, who both participated in the team's open tryouts Oct. 21-22.
Orton, Rautins and Thompson were the final three roster cuts from OKC's training camp and each saw playing time in the preseason. The NBA/NBPA Collective Bargaining Agreement permits up to three players waived from an NBA training camp roster to be assigned to the team's NBA Development League affiliate.
Barkdoll, Creekmore and Morningstar are all returning from the 2011-12 Tulsa squad. The NBA D-League permits teams to acquire players who were on the roster during the previous two seasons and not waived via the Returning Player Rights Rule.
Barkdoll (6-foot-11, 225 pounds) averaged 1.2 points and 1.5 rebounds in 29 games in 2011-12. Creekmore (6-foot-9, 235) grabbed 1.6 rebounds a game in nine appearances. Morningstar (6-foot-4, 185) averaged 9.6 points, 2.2 rebounds and 2.2 assists in 48 appearances and led the 66ers in free-throw percentage at .893 (75-for-84).
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 35920Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15377Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9806Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9680Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9189Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7926Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7748Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister