OKC Thunder: Russell Westbrook continues trend of scorching starts
THUNDER NOTEBOOK — The Oklahoma City point guard has been on fire since the All-Star break, especially in the first quarter. That trend continued Tuesday night in the Thunder's 122-105 win over the Lakers.
Videoview all videos
Mar 6Russell Westbrook scored a game-high 37 points and OKC...
Mar 6Darnell Mayberry and Berry Tramel explain how Russell...
Photoview all 26 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
FAN'S HALF-COURT SHOT TO AID WIFE'S CANCER BATTLE
Fan Heath Kufahl made the MidFirst half-court shot between the third and fourth quarters to win $20,000.
His wife, Jenni, was recently diagnosed with cancer and that's where the money will go.
Oklahoma offensive lineman Gabe Ikard continues to invite a different teammate to each Thunder game. Seated with him in the front row Tuesday was fellow lineman Austin Woods, who was stricken with Hodgkin's lymphoma. … The Lakers missed their first 10 shots of the game and then made eight of their next 10. … OKC never trailed, jumped out to a 7-0 lead and led by as many as 18, but the Lakers trailed by just 110-105 with six minutes left. … Sign in the stands: “KOBE, SMACK THIS.”
Durant on teammate Serge Ibaka, who was fined $25,000 for punching former Oklahoma standout Blake Griffin of the Los Angeles Clippers in the groin area on Sunday afternoon: “Serge plays physical and everybody knows that. It was an unfortunate play. Serge is not a dirty player. Him and Blake Griffin always battle hard. It was just a tough play. I'm glad nobody was hurt, first off. Serge kept his cool and played well after that.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister