OKC Thunder shatters local TV ratings record in Game 2 of Lakers series
Media notebook: TNT telecast gets 30.3 rating in Oklahoma City
The Oklahoma City Thunder shattered its local TV ratings record, set in Game 1 of the Lakers series (27.1), with a 30.3 for Game 2, an 11 percent increase. The telecast topped at 33.8 at 10:30 p.m. Both games aired on TNT.
Videoview all videos
May 17Kelly Crull, Grant Long and Matt Pinto take look at the...
May 17The Thunder's defense in the last two minutes of the game...
Photoview all 84 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Tulsa posted a 24 percent increase from Game 1 (9.8) with a 12.2, topping at 16.4 at 11 p.m.
With 9:30 p.m. starts on Friday and Saturday, it's unlikely the record will fall again this weekend. ABC/ESPN's top NBA broadcast team of Mike Breen, Jeff Van Gundy and reporter Lisa Salters will call Game 3 Friday on ESPN. Steve Kerr will join Kevin Harlan, Reggie Miller and reporter Craig Sager in calling Game 4 Saturday on TNT.
— Former NBA star Dennis Rodman talks about life after basketball and allegations that he's an alcoholic for a segment of ESPN's “Outside the Lines” at 8 a.m. Sunday. At 51, and now a dozen years removed from his last NBA rebound, the former Southeastern State star boasts he hasn't had a steady job since being waived by the Dallas Mavericks in 2000.
— The second season of ESPN's award-winning film series “30 for 30” will return in October. Among the films announced include “Broke,” a look at retired pro stars such as Keith McCants, Bernie Kosar, Leon Searcy and Andre Rison, who have struggled financially after getting out of the game; “Bo Knows,” a look at Bo Jackson and the marketing campaign that shaped his legacy; and “The Season of Their Lives,” a look at North Carolina State's run to the 1983 NCAA basketball championship.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister