OKC Thunder shatters local TV ratings record in Game 2 of Lakers series
Media notebook: TNT telecast gets 30.3 rating in Oklahoma City
The Oklahoma City Thunder shattered its local TV ratings record, set in Game 1 of the Lakers series (27.1), with a 30.3 for Game 2, an 11 percent increase. The telecast topped at 33.8 at 10:30 p.m. Both games aired on TNT.
Videoview all videos
May 17Kelly Crull, Grant Long and Matt Pinto take look at the...
May 17The Thunder's defense in the last two minutes of the game...
Photoview all 84 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Tulsa posted a 24 percent increase from Game 1 (9.8) with a 12.2, topping at 16.4 at 11 p.m.
With 9:30 p.m. starts on Friday and Saturday, it's unlikely the record will fall again this weekend. ABC/ESPN's top NBA broadcast team of Mike Breen, Jeff Van Gundy and reporter Lisa Salters will call Game 3 Friday on ESPN. Steve Kerr will join Kevin Harlan, Reggie Miller and reporter Craig Sager in calling Game 4 Saturday on TNT.
— Former NBA star Dennis Rodman talks about life after basketball and allegations that he's an alcoholic for a segment of ESPN's “Outside the Lines” at 8 a.m. Sunday. At 51, and now a dozen years removed from his last NBA rebound, the former Southeastern State star boasts he hasn't had a steady job since being waived by the Dallas Mavericks in 2000.
— The second season of ESPN's award-winning film series “30 for 30” will return in October. Among the films announced include “Broke,” a look at retired pro stars such as Keith McCants, Bernie Kosar, Leon Searcy and Andre Rison, who have struggled financially after getting out of the game; “Bo Knows,” a look at Bo Jackson and the marketing campaign that shaped his legacy; and “The Season of Their Lives,” a look at North Carolina State's run to the 1983 NCAA basketball championship.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in