OKC Thunder signs Mustafa Shakur to 10-day contract
The Oklahoma City Thunder signed Mustafa Shakur to a 10-day contract on Tuesday. Shakur was a free-agent call up from the Tulsa 66ers, the NBA Development League affiliate of the Thunder.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Shakur, a D-League All-Star, was averaging 20.7 points (9th in the D-League) while shooting 50.3% from the floor (295-587 FG), 7.2 assists (4th in D-League), 2.3 steals (3rd in D-League) and 39.4 minutes in 40 games with the 66ers.
A 6-3, 190 pound guard, Shakur went undrafted out of the University of Arizona in 2007. Shakur was on the Arizona team that eliminated Oklahoma State from the NCAA Tournament's Sweet 16 in 2005. He spent the previous three seasons playing overseas with Prokom Trefl Sopot of the Polish League (2007-08), Tau CerÃ¡mica of ACB Spanish League (2008-09) and most recently with Panellinios BC of the Greek A1 League (2009).
Shakur will wear uniform No. 11.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 13110Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 12605OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 11229Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 10063Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7965Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5849Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 5300Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers