OKC Thunder signs Walker Russell
OKLAHOMA CITY — The Oklahoma City Thunder signed guard Walker Russell to a contract, it was announced today by Executive Vice President and General Manager Sam Presti. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.
OKLAHOMA CITY — The Oklahoma City Thunder has added Walker Russell to its training camp roster, bringing the roster to 19 players.
Russell, a 6-foot point guard, played in 28 games last season with Detroit and averaged three points and 2.1 assists in 12.8 minutes.
After playing at Jacksonville State, Russell spent five seasons in the NBA D-League where he averaged 15.1 points, 8.3 assists and 3.4 rebounds in 132 games.
Over the past six years, Russell has played professionally in the Dominican Republic, China, Germany, Puerto Rico, Bulgaria, Madrid and the Czech Republic.
Earlier this summer the Thunder also added Daniel Orton, Andy Rautins and DeAandre Liggins to its camp roster.
The team must trim its roster to 15 players prior to the season opener on Nov. 1.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 79875Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16375OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12357Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 12103Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12064Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 10249Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 9002How to help tornado victims