OKC Thunder: Thunder rallies to edge Lakers
Kevin Durant scored 22 points and rattled in the go-ahead basket on a baseline runner with 18 seconds left, and the Oklahoma City Thunder scored the final nine points to rally for a 77-75 victory over the Los Angeles Lakers in Game 2 of the Western Conference semifinals Wednesday night.
With two minutes to play in the fourth quarter, the Thunder had mustered just 20 second-half points.
It was 22 minutes of basketball that threatened to ruin every ounce of good a rout just 48 hours earlier had created.
Videoview all videos
May 17The Thunder stormed back from a seven-point deficit with...
May 17Berry Tramel and Jenni Carlson explore OKC's improbable...
Photoview all 84 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
But what Oklahoma City did in those final 120 seconds was nothing short of sensational — especially given the style of play this ballgame had been in the first 46 minutes.
The Thunder stormed back from a late seven-point deficit to steal a 77-75 win in Game 2 on Wednesday night inside Chesapeake Energy Arena. With the narrow victory, the Thunder preserved home-court advantage and took a 2-0 series lead as this Western Conference semifinal now shifts to Los Angeles for Games 3 and 4.
Maybe by the time the team lands in L.A., the Thunder will have regained a morsel of its offensive rhythm from Game 1.
Wednesday was nothing more than a slugfest, and it was Kevin Durant who delivered the final haymaker, getting a friendly roll on a baseline runner for the go-ahead bucket with 18.6 seconds remaining. Durant's favorable bounce was reminiscent of the shot he willed in against Dallas in the opening game of this playoff run.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 22333Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8521Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6853OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6505OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5318Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5086Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4091Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater