OKC Thunder to play 2013 preseason games in Tulsa, Wichita
The Oklahoma City Thunder announced Friday that the team will play a pair of neutral site preseason games.
For the fifth time, the Thunder will host an exhibition game in Tulsa at the BOK Center. Oklahoma City will play the New Orleans Pelicans, who are changing their name from Hornets next season, on Oct. 17.
NewsOK Related Articles
The Thunder also will take on Chicago at the INTRUST Bank Arena in Wichita on Oct. 23.
“The entire Thunder organization, from players to coaches to staff, thoroughly enjoyed our previous experiences in Tulsa and Wichita, so we are thrilled to return,” said Brian Byrnes, senior vice president of sales and marketing for the Thunder. “The energy in the buildings and the overwhelming support of the fans was tremendous. We are excited to have another opportunity to enhance our connection to Thunder fans in the region.”
Tickets for both preseason games will go on sale in April on the arenas' websites. For more information on tickets, visit www.bokcenter.com and www.intrustbankarena.com.
It was previously announced that the Thunder would play two preseason games abroad as part of the NBA's global. On Oct. 5, the Thunder will play Fenerbahce Ulker in Istanbul, Turkey before facing the Philadelphia 76ers on Oct. 8 in Manchester, England.
The remainder of the Thunder's 2013 preseason schedule will be announced at a later date.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort