OKC Thunder to play 2013 preseason games in Tulsa, Wichita
The Oklahoma City Thunder announced Friday that the team will play a pair of neutral site preseason games.
For the fifth time, the Thunder will host an exhibition game in Tulsa at the BOK Center. Oklahoma City will play the New Orleans Pelicans, who are changing their name from Hornets next season, on Oct. 17.
NewsOK Related Articles
The Thunder also will take on Chicago at the INTRUST Bank Arena in Wichita on Oct. 23.
“The entire Thunder organization, from players to coaches to staff, thoroughly enjoyed our previous experiences in Tulsa and Wichita, so we are thrilled to return,” said Brian Byrnes, senior vice president of sales and marketing for the Thunder. “The energy in the buildings and the overwhelming support of the fans was tremendous. We are excited to have another opportunity to enhance our connection to Thunder fans in the region.”
Tickets for both preseason games will go on sale in April on the arenas' websites. For more information on tickets, visit www.bokcenter.com and www.intrustbankarena.com.
It was previously announced that the Thunder would play two preseason games abroad as part of the NBA's global. On Oct. 5, the Thunder will play Fenerbahce Ulker in Istanbul, Turkey before facing the Philadelphia 76ers on Oct. 8 in Manchester, England.
The remainder of the Thunder's 2013 preseason schedule will be announced at a later date.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in