* The CBS Sports Network has hired popular talk show host Jim Rome to host a 5 p.m. weekday show beginning in April. Rome will also host a sports and entertainment series on Showtime and contribute to CBS's coverage of the NFL, NCAA basketball and U.S. Open tennis.
* The Thunder will make another TNT appearance Monday night at 7 p.m. on a special doubleheader on Martin Luther King Jr. Day. The Thunder plays at Boston (Kevin Harlan, Mike Fratello, Chris Webber and David Aldridge), followed by Dallas at L.A. Lakers at 9:30 p.m. (Marv Albert, Steve Kerr, Reggie Miller and Craig Sager).
* ESPN has a strong doubleheader Friday with Chicago at Boston at 7 p.m. (Mike Breen, Jeff Van Gundy and Ric Bucher) and Miami at Denver at 9:30 p.m. (Mike Tirico, Chris Mullin and Heather Cox).
* FSOK will air the first Bedlam women's basketball game from Stillwater at 11 a.m. Saturday (Brenda VanLengen and Cindy Stein).
* Dallas Cowboys voice Brad Sham and Stephen Howard will call the Kansas State at OU men's game at 12:30 p.m. Saturday on KOCB-34.
* ESPN2 will air Oklahoma State at Baylor at 2 p.m. Saturday (Mark Jones and Fran Fraschilla).
* ESPN's “College GameDay” begins its eight-week men's basketball run from Tallahassee, Fla., previewing the North Carolina-Florida State game at 1 p.m. Saturday on ESPN. The show will air 9-10 a.m. on ESPN2 and 10-11 a.m. on ESPNU. Host Rece Davis will be joined by analysts Jay Bilas, Digger Phelps and Hubert Davis.