OKC Thunder: What Derek Fisher has left in the tank
DEREK FISHER -- What will the veteran guard's role be with the Oklahoma City the second time around.
The hanging question from the Oklahoma City Thunder's decision to bring back Derek Fisher is what's his role?
“He contributed to our team in various ways last season," said general manager Sam Presti Monday in a statement, "and we are looking forward to him joining us again.”
NewsOK Related Articles
Here's what Derek Fisher has left to give, according to Sports Illustrated's Point Forward blogger Ben Golliver:
"At this point in his career, which dates to 1996, Fisher’s chief skills are avoiding critical mistakes, making open three-pointers and taking charges. He also boasts the experience that comes with winning five titles as a member of the Lakers."
Look for The Oklahoman columnist Jenni Carlson's perspective on Fisher's signing in a column soon to post on NewsOK.com/sports.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 46837Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15035Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9615Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8305Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8125Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7398Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 7351Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena